Resonate Learning Consultants is looking for an eLearning Developer to be part of a team for an upcoming project to develop a web-based training. This will be a sub-contract opportunity for an experienced freelance developer or small team.
The general project description/requirements are as follows, but are subject to change as the project progresses. We have discussed with the client (they responded positively) and we are proposing a web-based, responsive solution that includes xAPI. However, the final decision will be made within the next week after talking with the users. The alternative would be a computer-based training hosted on an LMS and it would need to be SCORM 2004 conformant. Here we are referring to the solution as web-based, as this is our current plan:
- The estimated seat time for the web-based training is 6 to 8 hours. All content is developed and will be provided.
- The final deliverable will also include a web-based resource section.
- The WBT will be a custom HTML5 project (i.e. no templates).
- The WBT will be a combination of level 2 and 3 interactivity. This may include clickable animated graphics, menus, glossaries, and links to external resources, simple practical exercises, customized audio and video, animated graphics, entering data into fields, scenario-based case studies, and custom HTML5 animations where learners have the ability to investigate. No simulations, avatars, 3D components, or virtual environments are needed.
- The WBT will include xAPI (or it will be SCORM 2004 conformant).
- It will likely be delivered online and via DVD/CD (alternative may be delivered on LMS and DVD/CD).
- If web-based, it will feature responsive design so that end-users can access it via desktop, tablet, and mobile phone.
- There will be 4 main deliverables/milestones: Conceptual prototype, Alpha, Beta, Release candidate (final product).
- Each deliverable will be reviewed by the internal design team as well as the client and end-users. There will be 2-3 review cycles for each deliverable.
- There may be an option on the contract to develop a Decision Support Tool as well (all content will be provided).
The project timeline with key deliverables is below. Work would likely begin in early December, 2015. The eLearning Developer must be able to accomplish their tasks to meet these deadlines. Deadlines are not flexible and late deliverables are not an option.
- Conceptual prototype for reviewers to approve the planned GUI, navigation, functionality, etc, (due first week of January 2016)
- Alpha version (early-March 2016)
- Beta version (mid-May 2016) – there will be an in-depth user testing phase in June
- Release candidate (final product – end of August 2016)
The eLearning Developer shall be responsible for the following:
- All software needed to develop is the responsibility of the developer.
- Working closely with the Instructional Design and Graphic Design team to ensure that the planned design is technically possible and all development considerations are discussed during the design phase.
- Ensuring the functionality of the web-based training meets customer requirements. The course shall be intuitive, interactive, and engaging. It will not be a “page turner” type of course.
- Making changes/updates as required during review cycles.
- Attending weekly virtual meetings with the team to discuss the project and show progress.
- Submitting invoices.
- Submitting written status updates, monthly.
- Completing and submitting deliverables on time.
- Participating in at least one 2-3 day international trip – reimbursed at actual cost for transportation and lodging, plus per diem. Will need passport by spring 2016.
The eLearning Developer must have the following skills/attributes:
- You must have excellent time management and communication skills.
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- You will be required to sign a sub-contract agreement, which will include payment terms tied to deliverables and a formal statement of work.
- You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
We are looking for someone who is experienced, innovative, flexible, has the ability and willingness to make the designers’ ideas work, and will get the work done within the timeframe specified as it is not flexible. The pay is negotiable. It will be a firm-fixed price contract.
If interested, please submit the following by Noon, Sunday, 22 NOV. We are not looking for a lengthy proposal – short and sweet to show us your experience, skills, and cost is all that is needed.
- Your proposed number of hours, hourly rate, and a proposed cost for the project broken down by deliverable (see key deliverables above).
- A brief description (1-2 paragraphs) of how you will approach the project and how you will work with the design team.
- Your resume or list of experience and qualifications.
- An electronic sample of your previous work that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of this task (at least 5 screenshots; a link to an online portfolio is preferred). Due to the short lead-time on this request, you must have work to show by Noon Sunday (at least screenshots) to be considered.
- Acknowledgement that you can develop either a web-based, responsive solution and understand xAPI and you have the ability to develop for an LMS and understand SCORM requirements, should that be the path decided.
Select candidates will be notified and we will request the following:
- Two professional references that will attest to your work as a developer.
- An affirmation that you can accomplish this work from December 2015 – September 2016.
- Signed non-disclosure agreement.
Learn more about Resonate Learning Consultants at www.resonatelearning.com